Sunday, November 25, 2012

Number Paths! 2.NBT.5- Fluently add and subtract within 100

As I was writing my small group math plans for this coming week, I had a really great activity planned where students were navigating their own 100 chart while I gave them directions like "go 10 more... subtract 10... go up one... add one... subtract 10... subtract 1... etc." I wanted the kids to write their own directions when they got the hang of it, so I decided to make an activity that they could do independently. Here is a new activity from TPT!

Number Paths: 2.NBT.5 Fluently add and subtract within 100.

It is still difficult for the majority of my kiddos to add and subtract 10 mentally from any number, and this is a skill that we rely on heavily when adding and subtraction two and three digit numbers. We need more practice with this skill, and now we've got a FUN way to practice!

Here's the preview!






No comments:

Post a Comment